Sunday, March 10, 2013

My ME/CFS comes of age...


Well, yesterday it was 21 years to the day that I had the virus (?) that preceded me getting ME/CFS.  Difficult time, but also joyous in that a few days later (we thought I was recovered) we went to Birmingham to a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers concert (Into the Great Wide Open).  I think when I really noticed things were getting strange was when we went to the wonderful Birmingham Botanical Gardens, and in the hot house I was crying to think of how the Palm House in Sefton Park was not open any more.  I mean, why cry over something like that, sad though it may be!  The Palm House is back with us again now, but I still haven't been back to see it again since it re-opened.

I spent most of the day back at old home re-acquainting myself with various parasols I bought in the run up to my parents' deaths.  While my Mum was getting more and more demented (but we didn't know that at the time) I tended to hit eBay and buy stuff.  At least there was a reason to buy parasols, I did a course run by my friend Penny's website on renovating parasols.  I have some silk ready to work with the parasols I have.  I hope that I can actually get down to it and renovate some of the lovely parasol skeletons that I have!


No comments: